Guide & Tips: Banner Maker & Happy Birthday Sign Generator
1. Use this free online
Happy Birthday Sign Maker
to create your own printable personalized pennant bunting banners. Examples:
2. To keep the size of PDF files manageable, you can enter up to 12 characters at once.
If you want a longer banner, first print or save the first 12 characters.
Next enter additional characters and print or save them, and so on.
3. The following characters are allowed:
- Letters: a-Z (uppper and lowercase)
- Numbers: 0-9
- Ampersands: (e.g., Mr. & Mrs.)
- Apostrophes: (e.g., O'Neil)
- Commas: (e.g., Tulsa, OK)
- Dashes: (Jones-Smith)
- Periods: (e.g., Mr. & Mrs.)
- Pound Sign: (e.g., Item #1)
- Slashes: (e.g., A / B)
4. You can either use the "Simple" or "Maximum control" options when saving your
banner. If using the "Simple" option, first select your quality (i.e., Low, Standard, or High).
Then press the button "Save PDF Format".
This approach creates a multi-page PDF file with one character per page that you can download and print.
If using "Maximum control" you can specify the color and the exact size of each character.
However, you must save each character one at a time. Hence if you want to print a banner that
a says "WELCOME", you would need to first enter the character "W" and then save it.
Next enter only the character
"E" and save it, and so on.
If saving multiple letters to create a bunting banner make sure to
specify the same height
for all letters.
All banners can be downloaded in Scalable Vector Graphic (SVG), PNG, PDF, and JPG formats.
5. Select the format PNG, if you want a transparent image.
6. Individual banner letters can currently be sized to a maximum width or height of 3000 pixels.
Set either the width OR the height of the image. If you have selected the
"Preserve Aspect Ratio" option, then your image will be adjusted automatically.
If this checkbox is NOT selected, then your new image will match the values entered
in the textboxes for "Width" and "Height."
7. For best quality, save images in SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) format.
SVG files can be scaled to any size without loss of quality.
Once saved, you can open SVG files using a web browser (Chrome, Safari, FireFox) and print them.
SVG files can also be opened and printed using Adobe Illustrator
, Adobe Photoshop
, and the free programs Inkscape
8. If saving in PNG or JPEG formats, save a large version of your monogram
and then resize smaller for best results.
9. See resizing
and printing images
, if you need help with printing images,
resizing images consistently, or printing images (on multiple pages).