Guide & Tips: "Split" Monogram and Clipart Maker & Generator
1. Use this free online
Split Monogram Maker
to create your own personalized monograms and clipart.
After entering your characters, the split monogram clipart generator allows you to select
a frame (border), color of the font, color of the frame, etc.
Use your custom monograms for weddings, for cutting machines (Cricut and Silhouette), for stencils, for
painting and coloring, for sewing and quilting, for wood working projects and patterns,
and other DIY arts and crafts. Your split monograms can be printed or
downloaded in PNG, JPG, PDF, or SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) format.
2. The following characters are allowed:
- Letters: a-Z (upper and lowercase)
- Numbers: 0-9
- Ampersands: (e.g., Mr. & Mrs.)
- Apostrophes: (e.g., O'Neil)
- Commas: (e.g., Tulsa, OK)
- Dashes: (Jones-Smith)
- Periods: (e.g., Mr. & Mrs.)
- Pound Sign: (e.g., Item #1)
- Slashes: (e.g., A / B)
- Spaces: (e.g., FirstName LastName)
3. Select the format PNG, if you want a transparent image.
4. Monograms can currently be sized to a maximum width or height of 3000 pixels.
Set either the width OR the height of the image. If you have selected the
"Preserve Aspect Ratio" option, then your image will be adjusted automatically.
If this checkbox is NOT selected, then your new image will match the values entered
in the textboxes for "Width" and "Height."
5. For best quality, save images in SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) format.
SVG files can be scaled to any size without loss of quality.
Once saved, you can open SVG files using a web browser (Chrome, Safari, FireFox) and print them.
SVG files can also be opened and printed using Adobe Illustrator
, Adobe Photoshop
, and the free programs Inkscape
6. If saving in PNG or JPEG formats, save a large version of your monogram
and then resize smaller for best results.
7. See resizing
and printing images
, if you need help with printing images,
resizing images consistently, or printing images (on multiple pages).