Guide & Tips: Cursive Font (with Calligraphy Swash Tails) Generator
1. Use this free online
Cursive Font Maker
to create your own personalized, printable designs and images.
After entering your characters, the cursive generator allows you to select a tail
(swash), a tail length, a frame (border), color of the font, color of the frame, etc.
Use your custom design for weddings, for cutting machines (Cricut and Silhouette), for stencils, for
painting and coloring, for sewing and quilting, for wood working projects and patterns,
and other DIY arts and crafts. Your personalized design can be printed or
downloaded in PNG, JPG, PDF, or SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) format.
2. End your text with a LOWERCASE letter to ensure the tail (swash)
is connected to your text.
3. Most frames will accomodate at least one capital letter and approximately 12
or more lower case letters. For longer text, try using the "Long-Blank"
4. The following characters are allowed:
- Letters: a-Z (uppper and lowercase)
- Numbers: 0-9
- Ampersands: (e.g., Mr. & Mrs.)
- Apostrophes: (e.g., O'Neil)
- Dashes: (Jones-Smith)
- Periods: (e.g., Mr. & Mrs.)
- Commas: (e.g., Tulsa, OK)
5. Select the format PNG, if you want a transparent image.
6. Images or designs can currently be sized to a maximum width or height of 3000 pixels.
Set either the width OR the height of the image. If you have selected the
"Preserve Aspect Ratio" option, then your image will be adjusted automatically.
If this checkbox is NOT selected, then your new image will match the values entered
in the textboxes for "Width" and "Height."
7. For best quality, save images in SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) format.
SVG files can be scaled to any size without loss of quality.
Once saved, you can open SVG files using a web browser (Chrome, Safari, FireFox) and print them.
SVG files can also be opened and printed using Adobe Illustrator
, Adobe Photoshop
, and the free programs Inkscape
8. If saving in PNG or JPEG formats, save a large version of your design
and then resize smaller for best results.