Guide for Text in a Circle Generator (Family Name Sign, Logo Maker)
1. Use this free online
Text in a Circle
generator to create curved text, family name signs, logos, etc.
After entering your characters, the text in a circle generator allows you to select
a frame (border), color of the font, color of the frame, etc.
Use your custom artwork for weddings, for cutting machines (Cricut and Silhouette), for stencils, for
painting and coloring, for sewing and quilting, for wood working projects and patterns,
and other DIY arts and crafts. Your curved text design can be printed or
downloaded in PNG, JPG, PDF, or SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) format.
2. Enter a dollar sign $
between characters to insert a small circle. For example:
SARAH$BRAD → SARAH●BRAD
3. Enter an asterisk *
between characters to insert a small star. For example:
SARAH*BRAD → SARAH★BRAD
4. Enter blank spaces to move text either clockwise or counter-clockwise as shown in the following examples.
5. Up to 36 characters can be entered for Text1.
Up to 20 characters can be entered for Text2. EXPAND!
6. The following characters are supported:
- Letters: a-Z (upper and lowercase)
- Numbers: 0-9
- Ampersands: (e.g., Mr. & Mrs.)
- Apostrophes: (e.g., O'Neil)
- At sign: (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Circles: (e.g., SARAH●BRAD) - Enter a dollar sign $ to display a circle.
- Commas: (e.g., Tulsa, OK)
- Dashes: (e.g., Jones-Smith)
- Periods: (e.g., Mr. & Mrs.)
- Plus signs: (e.g., AMY+JOE)
- Pound Sign: (e.g., Item #1)
- Slashes: (e.g., A / B)
- Spaces: (e.g., FirstName LastName)
- Stars: (e.g., SARAH★BRAD) - Enter an asterisk * to display a star.
7. Select the format PNG, if you want a transparent image.
8. Curved text artwork can currently be saved with a maximum width or height of 3000 pixels.
Set either the width OR the height of the image. If you have selected the
"Preserve Aspect Ratio" option, then your image will be adjusted automatically.
If this checkbox is NOT selected, then your new image will match the values entered
in the textboxes for "Width" and "Height."
9. For best quality, save images in SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) format.
SVG files can be scaled to any size without loss of quality.
Once saved, you can open SVG files using a web browser (Chrome, Safari, FireFox) and print them.
SVG files can also be opened and printed using Adobe Illustrator
, Adobe Photoshop
, and the free programs Inkscape
10. If saving in PNG or JPEG formats, for best results save a large version of your design
and then resize the design smaller as needed.
11. See resizing
and printing images
, if you need help with printing images,
resizing images consistently, or printing images (on multiple pages).