We have gathered a super collection of free, simple, birdhouse plans (nesting boxes) that will attract birds to your backyard and garden. These beginner woodworking projects make a great family activity and will give you great bird watching opportunities. Learn where to place your birdhouse. Find more bird related ideas.
Collection of free bird house plans
1. Simple Birdhouse – You can make this easy to build birdhouse from a single board in approximately one hour.
2. One-Board DIY Birdhouse – This simple DIY birdhouse is made from a single board and requires only a few tools to assemble.
3. Bird House from a Natural Log. Learn how to create a homemade nesting box from a log (with VIDEO).
4. Cute Hanging Wooden Bird Box – uses a recycled coffee can or PVC pipe and a few pieces of wood.
5. Approved PVC Blue Bird Nest Box Plans – Build this birdhouse in under an hour using PVC pipe and a small piece of wood.
6. Free Birdhouse Plans – Build this unique beautiful birdhouse with a steep roof (with video).
7. Log Cabin Bird House Plans – Make this rustic log cabin style home for your birds and they will want to stay in your backyard forever!
8. Bird House Planter Plans – a combination of a birdhouse and a planter designed to attract birds while also providing space for plants or flowers. This cute traditional birdhouse design has both an enclosed space for birds to nest, and an attached planter area on both sides for growing plants.
9. Approved PVC Bird Box Plans – a great afternoon project. Enjoy having bluebirds, swallows, chickadees, nuthatches, warblers, woodpeckers, wrens nest on your property.
10. Bird House Plans Gazebo – create a 6-sided (hexagon) nesting box. This stylish, elegant bird house will add a little decoration to your backyard or garden.
11. Purple Martin House Plans – create a 12-unit purple martin nesting box. This stylish bird house with easy access and cleaning doors will add decoration to your backyard or garden while also attracting bug-eating birds.
12. Hanging A-Frame Bird House Plans – create a cozy and secure space for birds to build a nest and raise their young. This A-frame birdhouse consists of two sloping sides that come together at the top to form a peak, resembling the roof of an “A” frame house. The front and back sides of the birdhouse are flat, providing a stable surface for the birds to perch and enter the nest. This design can easily be hung from a tree or some other structure using wire, rope, or chain.
13. Simple A-Frame Bird House Plans – create a comfortable and secure nesting space for birds in your backyard or garden. This A-frame design is popular among bird enthusiasts and is known to attract a variety of bird species, including smaller songbirds. The birdhouse can easily be mounted on a post, tree, or other sturdy structure to ensure stability and to keep it at an appropriate height for the birds.
14. Gourd Birdhouse Plans – create a beautiful nesting box using gourds. Birds are naturally attracted to gourd birdhouses because of their size and shape.
15. License Plate Birdhouse – uses wood on the sides and bottom and an old license plate for the roof.
16. Modern Birdhouse – uses 2×4’s to create a birdhouse with a modern style. Let the bird’s know you are open for business.
17. DIY: Simple Bird House – this easy-to-build and functional birdhouse is great for bluebirds and chickadees.
18. DIY Birdhouse – simple plans to make your own birdhouse. Most of all, the builder and the birds will adore this birdhouse!
19. Sparrow Box – this unique design can accommodate more than one breeding pair.
More Birdhouse Plans
Did you know: Birds are very beneficial and provide a natural pest control from insects like bugs, moths, and caterpillars. Therefore, a birdhouse will be providing you two benefits.
20. Green Roof DIY Birdhouse– this birdhouse combines a living roof on the top.
21. Cedar Double Bird House Planter – this birdhouse doubles as a planter.
22. DIY Classic Birdhouse – this simple, quick project will quickly get your feathered friends hanging out in your backyard.
23. Chickadee House. This birdhouse is designed to attract chickadees which are year-round residents. The steeply sloped roof gives it a striking touch.
24. Peanut Butter Birdhouse – Take a plastic jug (e.g., an old peanut butter container) and convert it into a birdhouse!
25. Church Birdhouse – combines metal and wood to create a birdhouse that looks like a church.
26. Wren Birdhouse – this birdhouse is designed for wrens or house finches. The roof has a hinge that allows you to open and close it.
27. Church Birdhouse – this birdhouse looks like an old wooden church that you might see in the country.
28. Outhouse Birdhouse – this birdhouse combines wood and a galvanized steel roof to look like an old outhouse.
29. Texan Birdhouse. This tall birdhouse is extra tall and hence is called the “Tall Texan.”
30. General Store Birdhouse – the front of this birdhouse has the look of an old western style general store.
Related Articles on Birdhouse Plans and Mounting
Pin for later!